Information Systems and Software
DCU from its inception has built a strong reputation in software engineering and information systems. One of the foundations for this has been DCU’s School of Computing with over 50 staff including postdoctoral researchers, and over 50 postgraduate research students.
DCU also is a key member of SFI national centres that have a strong focus on innovative software including ADAPT, INSIGHT and LERO.
DCU is one of the partner universities of LERO the Irish Software Research Centre. www.lero.ie LERO’s mission is to establish Ireland as a location synonymous with high quality software development. The centre’s purpose is to advance the state-of-the-art in Software Engineering. DCU works with industry partners on software issues from a broad range of sectors including telecoms, financial services, computer systems and others.
DCU has expertise across a number of key areas:
- Dependable Systems that includes software engineering and security
- Language and Cognition including natural language processing and AI
- Modelling and Scientific computing
- Cloud computing
Information Systems Expertise
DCU’s information systems expertise includes:
- Business Informatics helping organisations to manage complex IT systems
- Databases, data management and optimisation
- Data quality management
- Business process modelling